I learned this recipe from my lola when I was a kid. I just observed her on how to do it. Even my sister used to cook this dish so I was able to recall on how it was done.
1 whole banana blossom (medium sized)
1/4 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Remove the mature bracts of the banana blossom, the red colored ones and save the banana fingers. You can also save the young (flesh colored) bracts.
2. Wash thoroughly in running water.
3. Chop the young bracts and fingers thinly.
4. Mix the chopped young bracts and fingers together with the flour, minced garlic, minced onion, 2 eggs, salt and pepper.
5. Get a spoonful and shape it into patties.
6. Then fry until golden brown.